Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm waiting for my Rory.


(from fuckyeahdrwho)

THIS, SO HARD.

Normally I wouldn't post fanart because A - there's so much awesome DW fanart out there I'd be spamming you for weeks and B - there are plenty of DW tumblrs and deviantarts and so on that do a much better job of it. But I want to share this with you, not so much for its artistic merit, but for the thought behind it.

The new series tries to paint the Doctor as a romantic Holy Grail of sorts. But really, will any relationship with him ever have any chance of lasting? That's the reason he didn't stay with Rose. That's the reason he never promises himself to anyone. He may take you on fantastic adventures, and you may Google pictures of his butt, but you'd never have lasting happiness with him unless you were a Time Lady.

And there's his type in real life too. The hot, exciting guy who always makes you feel like you're a step behind, but you don't mind because running to catch up is so much fun. The guy who makes you feel like the spotlight's shining on you both, but who will leave you someday and not look back.

Nah. I'd rather have myself a Rory. I want the boy who clicks with me in all the boring ways as well as all the exciting ones. I'd rather have a provincial dork who gets it wrong sometimes but will wait for me for two millennia if he has to.

ATTENTION: THIS HAS BEEN A RORY WILLIAMS APPRECIATION POST
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

1 comment: